I am lucky to live in a health-conscious community. Wellness is a way of life out here and it doesn't have to come at an outrageous cost. Here are five super simple ways to stay healthy in the Hamptons.
5 Easy Ways to Stay Healthy in the Hamptons
- Shop the local markets. In the summers we are blessed with a bounty of fresh fruits and vegetables grown right outside our doors. Choosing local produce is better for the environment and is one way to ensure a minimum amount of nutrition is lost in transit. In addition to fresh fruits and vegetables there are plenty of purveyors who offer minimally processed, locally made dry goods such as breads, grains, granolas and jams. I always buy the local stuff if possible.
- Hit the beach. There's nothing better than spending an afternoon basking in the sun on the sand, but there are other ways to take advantage of the local beaches. Running on sand provides a solid workout and beach yoga gives you awesome views. You'll find me walking my dog Brock on village beaches in Southampton.
- Get out on the water. Surfing, kayaking, paddleboarding, swimming...there are so many different ways to work out on the water. I love to kayak around the North Sea Harbor.
- Order the fish. Fish is one of the healthiest protein sources you can choose and we are lucky to have plenty of it locally in the Hamptons. Choose local fish at your favorite markets and when ordering at restaurants around town.
- Take a cruise around town. On a beach cruiser, that is! Whether you are just cruising around or clipping in for a serious ride, biking is a fun way to get outdoors and be active with friends and family.